Friday, March 5, 2010

Money talks




I made this quickly in photoshop. The picture was one I had taken of my younger brother and I just googled the dollar sign.

Unfortunately, this is the way some parents view their children. With the amount of money the government now pays you when you have a child, and things like child support factoring into the equation, it can twist and warp people until eventually all they see is a dollar sign on their child's head.

Something Sandra had said in our earlier weeks of class had repeated itself over and over in my mind the last few days.
As I struggled to deal with some family issues, and fell into a deep depression over them, I remembered what had been said - basically that different emotions inspired art. At the time I did not agree but as I put more thought into what had been said, and interpreted it in my own way, I found myself agreeing with it. I would not have created an image like this had I not been inspired by my feelings of hatred, rage and depression.

No comments:

Post a Comment